Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm just a vessel...

So as I'm driving home today I begin to have the same thoughts that I've had this whole week...I'm just an incubator. My body has been invaded by a foreign being that feeds off of me. I am just an safe haven- growing, stretching, itching, and conforming to whatever shape makes the baby happy. And just to think....24 weeks ago this baby was nothing but a micro organism that has completely expanded into something that moves- yes- it moves and I can see it! Not only do I get beat up from time to time (only on Sundays in church), but I can feel him moving all across my tummy...sometimes really low, sometimes high where if I look down I see the wave. This whole idea of childbirth and child bearing is such an amazing thing. Just the whole concept of conception and all the stages up until childbirth. I really appreciate that I can now feel and see him moving though. It makes me happy and I feel a sense of joy just knowing that I am going to be the mother of a beautiful baby boy really soon. This is my little parasite (that's how the midwife once described the baby...because if I didn't give him the nutrients he needed, he would feed off of my bones, etc, to get what was necessary). Let's just say...life from here on out is going to be interesting...

No comments: