Monday, May 11, 2009

No Go

Well...it's Monday, and I'm blogging, which means no baby. The most I got yesterday was a few contractions, which by the way, I didn't even know where contractions until Friday. I guess Baby Lopez is telling his mother that he's gonna come when he wants to come, and no time sooner. Who knows...there are a few things that I need to get done around the house, but that notion of anxiety is starting to take over. One of my co-workers did say today that she would pray that I would at least "drop" this week...she says that I look like I'm 8 months high! I was like..hey, he is due next Wednesday, so who knows if I'll drop..plus, I may even go past my due date since most first time moms do. And that's the thing...I don't want to go past my due date. I know patience is a virtue, but anyone that knows me, knows I am not very patient. In this case I have no control over the situation so I will just have to wait. I've tried all of the old wives tales solutions to helping him come on out and still nothing. Oh well...

And yes...random strangers on the street are still telling me how I look like I'm ready to pop, how I'm due any second, not day, but any second now, and how I look like I'm having twins...even when I say there's only one in there, they ask me if I'm sure, as if I haven't had a million ultrasounds that confirm there is only one in there. I tell ya...

No comments: