Saturday, May 16, 2009

The time is near....

39weeks 3days
....Or at least it seems like it. Technically we have four more days until he is due, HOWEVER, I am starting to demonstrate signs of labor. Now, whether they are pre labor or false labor, I don't know. I did have a series of contractions for most of the day/evening yesterday, and today I woke up with "show". I am going to wait until I have contractions that are 5-7 minutes apart before I call the doctor, or at least that's what I'm going to try to do unless my water breaks. Which, as a quick fact, only about 10-15% of women have their water break as they go into labor...so all that stuff we see in movies is just for show. But back to the contractions...they aren't painful, just a tightening in my stomach and pressure in my pelvis...but definitely nothing to go screaming about. I am excited that the "show" I had today resembles the "show" I read about in my book - I'm talking about the bloody show that lets you know your body is dilating/effacing. I feel great though. I'm contemplating attending the dinner and a movie with my friends tonight, and my mom is on her way to take me to run a few errands. She doesn't want me driving and having contractions at the same time. Right now as we speak my body feels like it does when that time of the month comes, but nothing more. I am going to stick to my plan of trying to labor at home for as long as possible and then hopefully by the time I get to the hospital it will be time to push. We'll see how that all works out. Originally I said that it would be nice to have the baby on my grandmother's birthday, which is tomorrow - May 17th. I might have even mentioned this in a previous blog. We'll see what the Lord wills on this one. Oh, btw, I just had a contraction as I'm typing this...I dont' forsee the baby coming past the 20th...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Soror!