Sunday, December 21, 2008

My baby's a dancer

So Friday morning I ended up in the E.R. with the worst flank pain ever! I could barely walk, I couldn't hold food down. I started vomiting from about 3 or 4 a.m. and didn't finish til that evening. I went into the hospital feeling horrible....and left feeling the same way. The couldn't tell me much and I still have to wait for some test results to come back for a final word. The radiologist informed me that my kidneys were dilated and suggested that it may be hydronephrosis, but he did not see any kidney stones or anything. So we shall see... The radiologist did tell me that my baby is a moving machine. He was like wow, he sure is moving a lot. Everything checked out ok with Baby Lopez and the radiologist gave us some films that we could take to show progress. He also said that it is a possibility that Baby Lopez is gonna be a junior...but he couldn't be 100% positive because the umbilical cord was between its legs. However, he said that from some views it did look like a boy...( Francis was estatic!!! ) In the upcoming weeks we should be able to tell for sure. Also, the baby sits super low...like almost under my belly! And (s)he was moving alot during the sonogram. One minute sucking its thumb, the next kicking its legs out, the next moving its arms...just working it all out....and yet I still don't really feel anyting definitive...but I'm hopeful that in the upcoming weeks I will be able to feel something.

Lastly, I have never seen the doctor so much until I got pregnant. Especially the E.R. But its all worth it when they tell you that the baby is just fine. HOWEVER, I have also never experienced a pain like the one I experienced Thursday night/Friday morning/day, and it make me question natural childbirth. I might have to go with the drugs afterall :/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You were actually thinking of not having the drugs. They will need to hook me up as soon as I get to the hospital. I'm not taking the chance of them saying it's to late to give you something for the pain.