Friday, February 13, 2009

Me no likey the doctor

24 Weeks 4 Days

So Francis and I went for a routine OB visit a few days ago to have my glucose levels screened and check the baby, etc. We get there, running late as usual, and I go to drink my sugary drink. Now, I thought it was gonna be super nasty, but it was actually ok-at first. I had the lemon lime flavor, and was like, oh, its like drinking a sprite...but half way through it I'm like, ugh, the aftertaste is killing me. I slightly wanted to vomit...and I don't think Baby Lopez liked it either. But anyways, we got through that..now we're just waiting for the results. In the meanwhile, we saw a new doctor - very nice lady- who was doing her job and trying to check the heartbeat. So she lubes up my belly and starts putting the little monitor over it and nothing. She moves it around some more to different parts and still nothing. At this point I'm like, why don't we hear anything? So as she's pressing on my belly he kicks out hard! Francis saw it from across the room like , did you see that? I guess Baby Lopez was tired of her pressing on his head or something. Frankly, I was getting kinda sore from her pressing so hard as well. So she found the heartbeat and pressed in some more while moving my belly to one side and he punched again! He was like, dang lady, leave me alone, lol. The doctor was like, wow, he's a feisty one :) I thought it was funny. He settled down once she stopped pressing the monitor on my belly.

1 comment:

Browntala said...

This is my favorite picture...cute, but sexy pose. Love it!!!!