Thursday, October 23, 2008

So Surreal....

I was saying to Francis last night, " You know, being pregnant is really surreal...it's like, I know I'm pregnant, but I don't feel like I am most of the time, and then I look at myself in the mirror and receive confirmation that yes, there is something growing inside of me." Would that be considered surreal? I was reading my book "The Mocha Manual to a Fabulous Pregnancy" that my friend bought for me, and they talk about how your body is no longer your own. For example, most ladies grow hair on their legs, underarms, etc...and they shave it off and it stays like that for at least 3-5 days...well, that was the case for me, until I got pregnant. You would think that my hair growth hormones were on overdrive...I have to shave my pits like every other day....I told Francis, "look! It's like I have Don King in a headlock!!" LOL... But seriously...this hair thing is crazy..I'ma have to go buy some more razors..its like summer stock in the winter.

I was also thinking this morning about all the different things that occur during pregnancy that people just don't talk about, but when you mention it they say yeah, you are gonna have alot of that, or just wait til you get this many months and see what happens. For example, I already told you that my appetite sucks! Well lately, I will go from being full to hungry in 2 mins flat! One minute, I'm chillin, not feeling hungry, nothing...then the next minute, I'm feeling like a starving child in a third world country! I don't appreciate that. No, I don't deal with morning sickness, but I do have to keep a constant baggie of treats for myself to curve my appetite in the event that I can't readily get to a full meal. And even when I get that full meal, it's not guaranteed that its gonna hit the spot, which just leaves you with an empty feeling. Craziness I tell you. Or how you can go pee..then lay down for sleep, but before you can even get good sleep in, you gotta pee again. And if you have ever been to my house in the fall/winter, you know its cold. So imagine being all snuggled under the covers, cozy and ready to indulge in a wonderful nights rest, and then being hit with the urge to pee that is so profound you feel like you are gonna need Depends before the pregnancy is done with. Me needing to pee is actually what woke me up at 5:15am for work, so I guess it's good for something. Nonetheless, these were just my thoughts from last night/this morning...

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.