Friday, October 3, 2008

From Awful to Awesome

Wednesday night I came home from work and running errands, went to the restroom, wiped and found blood. So I'm trying not to panic, but of course I'm in a panic because blood is bad, especially so early on in my pregnancy. So I'm pacing around the house, trying to get myself situated, I call my mom and then my grandmother (who, btw, had to calm me down) to see which hospital I should go to, etc. I didn't want to call Francis because I knew he would leave work instantly and I didn't want him all in a panic you know. So instead of me having to drive out to Hinsdale, my mom's friend found me a nice hospital that's like 15 mins from the house. I went to the E.R., checked myself in at about 7:55pm and waited. I wasn't seen by the doctor until 10:40pm. They asked me some more questions, did a routine pelvic exam, and then sent me up for an ultrasound. This is where the awesome part comes in...I was able to see my 7week old baby :) It was the most awesome thing ever in life. I was able to hear the heartbeat and everything =) So once all of that was done, I went back downstairs and was able to call Francis to have him come to the hospital. He made it there about 11:30pm or so. His nervous face came around the corner wanting to know if everything was ok, etc. The doctors came back down about 1am or so to let me know that my diagnosis was a threatened abortion (threatened miscarriage) and subchoronial? hematoma. Basically I had a slight hemmhorage caused by stress, etc. and I am currently on bedrest. I have a follow-up doctors appointment today. I really hope and pray that all goes well with that. I did have a little bit of blood today and yesterday but not a gushing amount. I am trying to take it easy and Francis is doing a very good job taking care of me. So I ask that if you are reading this that you keep my family in your prayers...

1 comment:

Browntala said...

I'm Praying for Baby Lopez, Francis and You.

Love your