Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mommyhood


So I haven't had the same amount of time to post blogs as I thought I would. Well, let me rephrase that, I haven't felt like blogging, because if I get down time I'd rather sleep! LOL. My little man brings me an indefinite amount of joy, its unexplainable. I have an insane amount of patience with/for him, but not for the rest of the world, which, I'm working on. But what can I say. I can see how these days go by fast. For example, he can already hold his head up and his body (as if in a crawling position). It amazed Francis and myself. We were overwhelmed with joy when we saw him smile for the first time, and even more so when he smiled at us. He has even started to try to talk (cooing) and his personality is developing. His hair has gone from straight to curly and is starting to get lighter. He still has those funny looking feet and even looks like he has a tan. I always say that's momma's baby... and he is daddy's champ. Yes, motherhood has been good to me thus far. Sure, we have those nights where he keeps me up, but that's usually when we are dealing with gas issues. And yes, I'm learning little by little to do things like keep a bib on him so that he doesn't mess up his clothes, and time his feedings so that I am prepared when he gets hungry again. But learning is half the battle, and I think I'm a good student :)

No comments: